Tuesday, May 24, 2005

good ol' days

who can forget the good ol' days , the times spent in school, waiting for recess all the time, sharing ur lunch with frnds, mass bunks, playing hide n seek, giving excuses to parents on monday morning., Those were the days full of carelessness, no understandings of responsibility kinda things. u just need to do ANYTHING to satisfy your TEMPTATIONS, to achieve whatsoever you like..be it bicycle same as of that Ajay( my school time friend) has, or the lunch box that other guys carry, or the Ice Creams that were always out of Budget(my pocket money).

i had finished with my 5th Std exams and all the exams had gone excellent. i was expecting a gud rank in class this time(first time in life :D). and didnt even enjoy my holidays to the fullest just in the wait of Result Day(Afterall ,first time in life i was feeling that i have done sumthin gud , so wanted to show this to Whoooole Damn world as well)

so finally the Result Day came, it was 31st March 1991. and my heartbeat was faster than schumacher's ferrari. i cudnt sleep the whole nite.missed out my breakfast and reached school at 8(one hour before time). My father was also with me.to the extent of my surprize, ajay and deepak(my two friends/competitors) were already there. they were there since 7.30. oh my gawd, smthing happnd to me...... i felt like i have lost the game.and this time too, they wud bag first and second rank in the class. and i hv to content with the third again, i was feeling depressed a bit,but still i was trying to keep myself up with a lil' hope that result is being declared yet, and no body knows whats in store.

our class teacher came to us(me, deepak and ajay) and asked us to take the seats in a sequence where i hv to sit on first seat, deepak on second and ajay on the third one and then rest of the students of our class.This was a temporary indication of the ranks u hold in this class(what i have observed in last four yrs). I was feeling out of this world, again and again i was looking at my father with a proudy feeling, as i was trying to say, "see papa , ur beta is not that poor in studies. today i have proved it". papa also responded with a broad smile. deepak and ajay were sad because of this sitting arrangements. but the mystery is still there ---> result is not out yet.

now the principal comes to the Stage. and after a blah-blah- bleh-bloh speech, he started declaring results, for class 9th,8th,7th, 6th.there was a BIG trophy for the topper of each class. and i was feeling like "wow, i gonna carry that trophy with me ". so Principal was about to declare the result of our class and he said " Topper of class 5th is ----------------------------------- (i was about to leave my seat) ......and suddenly i heard Deepak jain, yes the Topper of class 5th is Deepak jain. shattered..........i was smashed..........everything was going so fine, then how come this happen. i got second rank and ajay was third.

this was all teacher's mistake. how could she forget this. y did she ask me to have first seat in the queue. y did she make me dream so high. she cud have asked me to sit on the second seat. i was sad like anything and asked my teacher about this . i still had a hope that there cud b some mistake in announcing the names. but everything was okay on her part. and sitting first in a queue was not result indication.in her words it was like ---- " we just wanted to arrange the queues in a manner so that some brilliant students should represent the whole class.it doesnt indicate ur ranks in the Result".

So, Deepak was carrying the BIG trophy, and i got a lill' smaller one. from next day we were in 6th, and started the whole new life again as well. no tension of studies.no more challanges , again those recess time games, those tempting ice-creams and those mass bunks.

This is hw fastly emotions change in school times. but now its like we tend to stick to some bad things happened to us. and spoil the present time in shades of past. so my dear friends, jst cheer up, and forget all the bad things happened to u. and believe me that wud the BIGGEST trophy of ur life.

Cheeers !!!





1 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger abnegator said...

Good to see ya blogging too man ! keep it up ! I can understand ur despair for not winning the trophy..I never had such dreams ...was always a dhakkan or if luck favored somewhere in the middle...but it dint really matter u know. Keep up the good work !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home